Folk music at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A GALAXY of performers in a wide variety of styles will be performing at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans this Sunday evening.
Appearing at Folk at the Maltings will be Julian Mount, Helen Chinn, Matt Quinn and Loose Change.
Julian Mount, also known as Julian the Juggler, is a professional circus clown who also sings, plays acoustic guitar and writes his own songs.
His songs are often humorous and highlight his own perspective on people, places and situations. He also writes and sings serious songs and performs songs by other writers too.
Like Julian, Helen Chinn is also involved with the running of Watford Folk Club. She began as an unaccompanied singer and now also plays acoustic guitar and writes her own songs.
You may also want to watch:
She sings traditional and modern folk/acoustic numbers and has much experience playing in folk clubs and similar events and venues as a support and main act. Her influences include Sandy Denny, June Tabor, Joni Mitchell and Ella Fitzgerald.
Matt Quinn has already made his name on the national folk scene as a musician on the melodeon, fiddle and mandolin in bands such as the The New Slide and the English and Turkish fusion folk band Dogan and the Boombox Karavan, with Dogan Mehmet.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
Loose Change is a four piece folk band made up of Bill Redway, Doug Jenner, Lisa Banks and Huw Price, playing a wide variety of contemporary acoustic music including original compositions.
They draw from a range of influences that include Americana and Australiana and offer a musical palette of at least eight different instruments and four voices.
Tickets cost £10, with concessions £8, available on the door or in advance by booking online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 0844 870 0887 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre.
For further information see www.stalbansfolkmusic.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.