Folk music at the Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A GALAXY of performers in a wide variety of styles will be performing at The Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans this Sunday evening.
Appearing at Folk at the Maltings will be Julian Mount, Helen Chinn, Matt Quinn and Loose Change.
Julian Mount, also known as Julian the Juggler, is a professional circus clown who also sings, plays acoustic guitar and writes his own songs.
His songs are often humorous and highlight his own perspective on people, places and situations. He also writes and sings serious songs and performs songs by other writers too.
Like Julian, Helen Chinn is also involved with the running of Watford Folk Club. She began as an unaccompanied singer and now also plays acoustic guitar and writes her own songs.
She sings traditional and modern folk/acoustic numbers and has much experience playing in folk clubs and similar events and venues as a support and main act. Her influences include Sandy Denny, June Tabor, Joni Mitchell and Ella Fitzgerald.
Matt Quinn has already made his name on the national folk scene as a musician on the melodeon, fiddle and mandolin in bands such as the The New Slide and the English and Turkish fusion folk band Dogan and the Boombox Karavan, with Dogan Mehmet.
- 1 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 2 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 5 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Red Door Recruitment share tips to help you land your dream job as they celebrate 15 years in business
- 10 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
Loose Change is a four piece folk band made up of Bill Redway, Doug Jenner, Lisa Banks and Huw Price, playing a wide variety of contemporary acoustic music including original compositions.
They draw from a range of influences that include Americana and Australiana and offer a musical palette of at least eight different instruments and four voices.
Tickets cost £10, with concessions £8, available on the door or in advance by booking online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 0844 870 0887 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre.
For further information see www.stalbansfolkmusic.org.uk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.