Focus on rock legends at Alban Arena
ROCK fans will be treated to an exclusive triple bill of performances from some true legends at the Alban Arena next week. Opening the Classic Legends of Rock show on Sunday, November 1, will be the Strawbs, performing a special up-close and personal acou
ROCK fans will be treated to an exclusive triple bill of performances from some true legends at the Alban Arena next week.
Opening the Classic Legends of Rock show on Sunday, November 1, will be the Strawbs, performing a special up-close and personal acoustic set of their hit material, as well as previewing some tracks from their new album Dancing to the Devil's Beat.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of their first album and the front men of the classic 1970s line-up - David Cousins, Dave Lambert and Chas Cronk - continue to tour regularly as the Acoustic Strawbs.
In their heyday the band scored huge chart success in Britain and toured with the likes of Santana, The Eagles and Peter Frampton.
You may also want to watch:
The show also provides a last opportunity to hear Wishbone Ash's classic album Argus performed in its entirety by Martin Turner's Wishbone Ash. Martin was the founder member, lead vocalist, bassist and creative force behind the original line-up which sold millions of albums and toured worldwide.
He remains faithful to the original blueprint of Wishbone Ash and performs a wide variety of classic material from the band.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 6 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
Focus, with their unique blend of progressive rock will the closing act of the evening. One of the most successful and appreciated of all Dutch pop-rock exports from the seventies, their hits came in the form of Hocus Pocus, House of the King and Sylvia.
Despite their widespread success, wrangling within the group brought about its end.
But after a carefully-planned comeback with a well-received album Focus 8, a new Focus era has started with a fantastic line-up including founder member and musical genius Thijs van Leer and original drummer Pierre van der Linden.
For tickets, call the Alban Arena box office on 01727 844488.