FLy with the wind at Harpenden Musicale
NEW members are being sought for the wind band established by Harpenden Musicale. An open rehearsal is being held on Tuesday, March 2, at Musicale in Sun Lane and anyone is welcome to drop in between 7.30pm and 9pm to either just listen or bring their ins
NEW members are being sought for the wind band established by Harpenden Musicale.
An open rehearsal is being held on Tuesday, March 2, at Musicale in Sun Lane and anyone is welcome to drop in between 7.30pm and 9pm to either just listen or bring their instrument and join in.
Rehearsing regularly on Tuesday evenings, the band is conducted by Lilly Bathurst, a regular performer in orchestras including the Royal Philharmonic and the Halle.
The band plays a wide range of music from Bach to Bacharach and performs at least one concert a year which could rise if numbers increase.
You may also want to watch:
Players need to be at least 18 years old and be around Grade 3 (ABRSM) or better. They are asked to contact Musicale in the first instance if they are interested or bring their instrument on March 2.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game