Flutes flying for Rarescale at Harpenden church
RARESCALE flute academy is performing a concert in Harpenden next Saturday, April 18. Formed in 2003 by Carla Reese to promote the alto and bass flute and its repertoire, rarescale has a flexible line-up including electronics, piano, guitar, cor anglais,
RARESCALE flute academy is performing a concert in Harpenden next Saturday, April 18.
Formed in 2003 by Carla Reese to promote the alto and bass flute and its repertoire, rarescale has a flexible line-up including electronics, piano, guitar, cor anglais, bass clarinet and strings.
Carla went on to form the flute academy in 2007 as an ensemble to train advanced players in alto and bass techniques and give them the opportunity to learn music management and promotion skills.
The group's membership is made up of some of the country's finest young talents from as far afield as London, Yorkshire, Rutland, Hants and Herts.
You may also want to watch:
They are performing from 7pm at High Street Methodist church and tickets are �8, �6 for seniors and �5 for students, available from the church office on 01582 713056, 01582 715646 or on the door.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public