Five Star Swing will be shining bright at Harpenden Public Halls
THE FIVE Star Swing experience heads back to Harpenden Public Halls next Sunday, February 13, following their recent appearance at Dame Vera Lynn’s charity ball in London.
The show entitled In The Mood features a host of classic big band/swing songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller through to Jools Holland-style jazz.
Appearing are former Ivy Benson musician Simone Smith and her husband Chris from the band of Glenn Miller’s brother Herb.
Chris said: “I’ve been brought up with this style of music as my father, Chris Smith Snr, played trombone for Frank Sinatra on his European tours.
“It’s great that there’s a strong resurgence in jazz and swing music enjoyed by all generations.”
You may also want to watch:
Simone, who sings and plays lead alto saxophone in the band, has also played with such prestigious artists as Paul Weller and John Williams as well as performing a saxophone solo on the Paul Merton TV Show.
Bandleader Chris, who also sings as well as playing trumpet and piano, is well known in the jazz world for his arrangements and compositions frequently played on Jazz FM and BBC Radio 2.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets at �13 with concessions �9 are available from the Public Halls on 01582 767525.