Five Star Swing will be shining bright at Harpenden Public Halls
THE FIVE Star Swing experience heads back to Harpenden Public Halls next Sunday, February 13, following their recent appearance at Dame Vera Lynn’s charity ball in London.
The show entitled In The Mood features a host of classic big band/swing songs from artists such as Frank Sinatra and Glenn Miller through to Jools Holland-style jazz.
Appearing are former Ivy Benson musician Simone Smith and her husband Chris from the band of Glenn Miller’s brother Herb.
Chris said: “I’ve been brought up with this style of music as my father, Chris Smith Snr, played trombone for Frank Sinatra on his European tours.
“It’s great that there’s a strong resurgence in jazz and swing music enjoyed by all generations.”
You may also want to watch:
Simone, who sings and plays lead alto saxophone in the band, has also played with such prestigious artists as Paul Weller and John Williams as well as performing a saxophone solo on the Paul Merton TV Show.
Bandleader Chris, who also sings as well as playing trumpet and piano, is well known in the jazz world for his arrangements and compositions frequently played on Jazz FM and BBC Radio 2.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 7 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets at �13 with concessions �9 are available from the Public Halls on 01582 767525.