Fireman Sam rocks into the Alban Arena
FIREMAN Sam returns to the Alban Arena next Saturday, July 31, with a brand-new live show Pontypandy Rocks!
It finds Pontypandy hosting its first-ever music festival and Station Officer Steel has booked a surprise guest star to perform at it.
But Norman Price and Mandy Flood are determined to find out who the secret superstar guest will be – at any cost.
The day promises to be one of Fireman Sam’s busiest yet as he’s called on to save a festival that promises to rock Pontypandy.
The show, which can be seen at 1pm and 3.30pm, features new songs, daring rescues and more adventure than ever before.
Tickets are �12 with a family ticket �42, available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
Two films are also showing at the Arena next week – Centurion at 7.30pm next Tuesday and Thursday evenings, July 27 and 29, and Dear John which is at 1.30pm and 7.30pm next Wednesday, July 28.
- 1 Trains between St Albans and Luton cancelled due to fire
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Man threatened officers with 'bomb' at police station
- 4 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 5 Village prepares for return of Scarecrow Festival after three years
- 6 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 7 Motorbike strikes barrier on North Orbital Road near St Albans
- 8 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 9 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 10 'Summer holiday blues? Why I'm gloating about being child-free'
Swords and sandals epic Centurion is set in the 2nd Century AD and follows the story of the ill-fated Ninth Legion.
Determined to wipe out the Picts and their king, they march north to Caledonia but end up fighting for their lives after their legion is decimated in a devastating guerilla attack.
Michael Fassbender stars as Quintus Dias who leads a small band of troops on a mission to rescue Roman General Virilus, played by Dominic West.
Tickets are �6 with concessions �2 off.
Dear John is a romantic drama following young soldier John Tyree, played by Channing Tatum, who falls for conservative college student Savannah Curtis (Amanda Seyfried) whilst home on leave.
Forced to separate they pass the time with a continuous stream of love letters until they can be reunited a year later.
But when war breaks out their relationship is put on hold indefinitely.
Tickets for the evening showing are �6 and for the matinee �4 which includes a cup of tea and biscuits.