Films at the Alban Arena
ICE Age: Continental Drift (U), the fourth instalment of the popular Ice Age film franchise, is showing at the Alban Arena on Wednesday, August 15, at 5pm.
Manny, Diego and Sid embark upon yet another madcap adventure, after their continent is set adrift.
Using an iceberg as a ship they encounter sea creatures and battle pirates as they explore a new world.
The computer-animated adventure-comedy film is also showing at the Arena on Friday, August 17, at 5pm, Saturday, August, 18, 11am and 2pm, and Tuesday, August 21, at 5pm.
The comedy theme continues at the Arena with Friends With Kids (15), about a close-knit circle of friends at that moment in life when children arrive, and everything changes.
You may also want to watch:
The last two singles in the group observe the effect that kids have had on their friends’ relationship and wonder if there’s a better way. They decide to have a child together, but date other people.
There are big laughs and unexpected emotional truths as this unconventional “experiment” leads everyone in the group to question the nature of friendship, family and true love. The movie is showing Wednesday, August 15, at 8pm, Thursday, August 16, at 5pm and Saturday, August 18, 5pm.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 Shortages crisis hits district
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Comedy-drama Magic Mike (15), starring Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey, is at the Arena on Thursday, August 16, at 8pm.
As a male stripper Magic Mike (Tatum) has everything he could ever want – all-night parties, attention from women and lots of money.
However, while he is at the top of the game in clubs, Mike struggles with trying to develop a relationship with a woman he really likes.
Will he have to choose between his dream world and real life? The dramatic comedy screenplay was inspired by Tatum’s work as a 19-year-old stripper before he made it as an actor in Hollywood.
Magic Mike is also showing on Friday, August 17, 8pm, and Saturday, August 18, at 8pm.
Sigourney Weaver stars in Spanish-American thriller Red Lights (15) on Wednesday, August 15, at 1.30pm.
Psychologist Margaret Matheson (Weaver) and her assistant study paranormal activity, which leads them to investigate a world-renowned psychic (Robert De Niro), who has resurfaced years after his toughest critic mysteriously died.
The Alban Arena, located in the Civic Centre, is reopening after its summer closure.
Phone the box office on 01727 844488 or see www.alban-arena.co.uk