Films at the Alban Arena
ICE Age: Continental Drift (U), the fourth instalment of the popular Ice Age film franchise, is showing at the Alban Arena on Wednesday, August 15, at 5pm.
Manny, Diego and Sid embark upon yet another madcap adventure, after their continent is set adrift.
Using an iceberg as a ship they encounter sea creatures and battle pirates as they explore a new world.
The computer-animated adventure-comedy film is also showing at the Arena on Friday, August 17, at 5pm, Saturday, August, 18, 11am and 2pm, and Tuesday, August 21, at 5pm.
The comedy theme continues at the Arena with Friends With Kids (15), about a close-knit circle of friends at that moment in life when children arrive, and everything changes.
You may also want to watch:
The last two singles in the group observe the effect that kids have had on their friends’ relationship and wonder if there’s a better way. They decide to have a child together, but date other people.
There are big laughs and unexpected emotional truths as this unconventional “experiment” leads everyone in the group to question the nature of friendship, family and true love. The movie is showing Wednesday, August 15, at 8pm, Thursday, August 16, at 5pm and Saturday, August 18, 5pm.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
Comedy-drama Magic Mike (15), starring Channing Tatum and Matthew McConaughey, is at the Arena on Thursday, August 16, at 8pm.
As a male stripper Magic Mike (Tatum) has everything he could ever want – all-night parties, attention from women and lots of money.
However, while he is at the top of the game in clubs, Mike struggles with trying to develop a relationship with a woman he really likes.
Will he have to choose between his dream world and real life? The dramatic comedy screenplay was inspired by Tatum’s work as a 19-year-old stripper before he made it as an actor in Hollywood.
Magic Mike is also showing on Friday, August 17, 8pm, and Saturday, August 18, at 8pm.
Sigourney Weaver stars in Spanish-American thriller Red Lights (15) on Wednesday, August 15, at 1.30pm.
Psychologist Margaret Matheson (Weaver) and her assistant study paranormal activity, which leads them to investigate a world-renowned psychic (Robert De Niro), who has resurfaced years after his toughest critic mysteriously died.
The Alban Arena, located in the Civic Centre, is reopening after its summer closure.
Phone the box office on 01727 844488 or see www.alban-arena.co.uk