Festive frolics at Bar Humbug in St Albans
BAR Humbug is giving local artists another chance to display their work in an alternative seasonal grotto. This year it will be held at The Museum of St Albans where there will be artwork from local artists and live performances. It follows last year s su
BAR Humbug is giving local artists another chance to display their work in an alternative seasonal grotto.
This year it will be held at The Museum of St Albans where there will be artwork from local artists and live performances.
It follows last year's successful event in St Albans High Street which drew in hundreds of Christmas shoppers to see live performances, artwork, listen to poetry and music and drink mulled wine.
The organisers want to hear from artists of all ages interested in displaying in the grotto, particularly art that offers an alternative take on the holiday season or uses recycled materials.
A maximum of three artworks from each artist will be allowed which can include painting, photography and sculpture. Even appropriate poetry will be considered as arrangements can be made for the text to be blown up on to large sheets that can be displayed in the grotto.
Anyone interested in displaying their work should contact Mellissa Caneppele or Grae J. Wall at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01727 827667.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time