Father and son art show at Radlett Centre
- Credit: Archant
Father and son David and Simon Gerrard are exhibiting their art work in the Apthorp Gallery of the Radlett Centre next month.
David is an engineer, architect and painter whose speciality is the re-creation of the works of old masters in oils.
His tutor is Zoha Israel, a well-known figurative artist of international fame.
David’s paintings are created using the same traditional techniques as used by the old masters. On show will be works originally by Vermeer, Ingres, Rembrandt and Modigliani, as well as his own works and portraiture.
Sharing the gallery space are large oil on canvas marbling pieces by David’s son Simon, suitable to adorn the walls of restaurants, foyers, or private homes.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition runs until March 31.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism