Farmer’s Boy, St Albans, goes on an Odyssey
A SECOND fundraiser for the newly-named Odyssey cinema project is being held at The Farmer’s Boy in London Road, St Albans, on Sunday.
The day starts at midday and carries on until midnight with a barbecue from 1pm until 6pm and such acts as MayFire, Dene Rosewarn, Mel Wall and Friends, My Lonely Ghost, We Tell Lies, Nick & Jo, Free Electric Band and Heli Debris & The Big Sound.
Also appearing are Tom Toomey – the lead guitarist with the Zombies – and Rodfords (Jim and Steve from the band) from 7.30pm to 8.30pm and The Faith Stealers from 10.45pm until midnight.
Entitled Alpha Beats 2, it is the pub’s second fundraiser for the fitting out of the old Odeon in London Road which has now been renamed The Odyssey.
There will also be a raffle to win two advanced booking list membership tickets for the cinema. Entrance is free.
You may also want to watch:
The Defamers, who play seventies punk covers such as Joe Jackson, will be playing the pub from around 8.30pm tonight with Maxwell, Slater and Smith back next Thursday. Entrance is free for both gigs.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 3 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 4 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 5 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 6 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 9 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans