Farmer’s Boy, St Albans, goes on an Odyssey
A SECOND fundraiser for the newly-named Odyssey cinema project is being held at The Farmer’s Boy in London Road, St Albans, on Sunday.
The day starts at midday and carries on until midnight with a barbecue from 1pm until 6pm and such acts as MayFire, Dene Rosewarn, Mel Wall and Friends, My Lonely Ghost, We Tell Lies, Nick & Jo, Free Electric Band and Heli Debris & The Big Sound.
Also appearing are Tom Toomey – the lead guitarist with the Zombies – and Rodfords (Jim and Steve from the band) from 7.30pm to 8.30pm and The Faith Stealers from 10.45pm until midnight.
Entitled Alpha Beats 2, it is the pub’s second fundraiser for the fitting out of the old Odeon in London Road which has now been renamed The Odyssey.
There will also be a raffle to win two advanced booking list membership tickets for the cinema. Entrance is free.
You may also want to watch:
The Defamers, who play seventies punk covers such as Joe Jackson, will be playing the pub from around 8.30pm tonight with Maxwell, Slater and Smith back next Thursday. Entrance is free for both gigs.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space