Farewell gig for popular band in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Popular covers band Ostinato are playing their final gig at The Horn in St Albans tomorrow night before going their separate ways.
The free gig by the St Albans band will feature hits from the 80s to the present day and joining the band for the extended set will be former drummer Gareth Tyler.
On Saturday, there is a chance to see Who’s Next, a tribute to recent Glastonbury headliners The Who. They recreate the period in the early 1970s when The Who played Live at Leeds, the Isle of Wight Festival, Tanglewood and the Fillmore shows.
Who’s Next play Pete Townshend’s classic pop songs such as I Can’t Explain and Substitute, the psychedelic imagery of Pinball Wizard and rock anthems like My Generation and Won’t Get Fooled Again.
The tribute band has been touring the UK and Europe since 2003.
Next Thursday, July 16, it is the final of this year’s Battle of the Bands competition at The Horn. It features local acts Bright Conclusions, Sam Rabin, Munition and Interstellar Airshop in the first BOTB competition at The Horn since 2013.
Independent judges will vote on the acts using criteria such as stage presence, song writing and overall performance. The winner will receive £750, a 12 Month Artistic Development Plan and a £30 voucher from The Music Department.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
Admission is £5 in advance and £7 on the door.