Farewell gig for popular band in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Popular covers band Ostinato are playing their final gig at The Horn in St Albans tomorrow night before going their separate ways.
The free gig by the St Albans band will feature hits from the 80s to the present day and joining the band for the extended set will be former drummer Gareth Tyler.
On Saturday, there is a chance to see Who’s Next, a tribute to recent Glastonbury headliners The Who. They recreate the period in the early 1970s when The Who played Live at Leeds, the Isle of Wight Festival, Tanglewood and the Fillmore shows.
Who’s Next play Pete Townshend’s classic pop songs such as I Can’t Explain and Substitute, the psychedelic imagery of Pinball Wizard and rock anthems like My Generation and Won’t Get Fooled Again.
The tribute band has been touring the UK and Europe since 2003.
Next Thursday, July 16, it is the final of this year’s Battle of the Bands competition at The Horn. It features local acts Bright Conclusions, Sam Rabin, Munition and Interstellar Airshop in the first BOTB competition at The Horn since 2013.
Independent judges will vote on the acts using criteria such as stage presence, song writing and overall performance. The winner will receive £750, a 12 Month Artistic Development Plan and a £30 voucher from The Music Department.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
Admission is £5 in advance and £7 on the door.