Falling Man and The Velveteen Rabbit at the Trestle Arts Base, St Albans
FALLING Man, inspired by a series of photographs capturing a man falling from the World Trade Centre on 9/11, comes to the Trestle Arts Base in St Albans on Saturday evening.
Smallpetitklein Dance Company is putting on Falling Man which combines text and storytelling in a piece of dance theatre.
The company is led by Thomas Small who, with the dancers, spent time in New York last year where they met survivors of the attacks. During its 14-night run at the 2011 Edinburgh Festival Fringe, Falling Man received a lot of attention and was featured on BBC2’s The Culture Show.
It combines filmic music with physicality and music and can be seen at the arts base in Russet Drive at 7.30pm. Tickets are �12/�10 and �40 for a “bring your friends” ticket, available from the box office on 01727 850950 or online at www.allaboutstalbans.com
A dearly-loved toy is brought to life through puppetry when The Velveteen Rabbit is performed at Trestle on Sunday afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Backhand Theatre is putting on Marjorie Williams’ timeless classic as the Velveteen Rabbit sets out to discover what it means to be real.
The children’s story is explored through a variety of different puppets crafted by Jake Linzey using a mixture of both traditional and contemporary puppet designs. Characters include the Velveteen Rabbit himself, two “real” rabbits, a flower fairy and a skin horse.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
The performance begins at 2.30pm at the arts base in Russet Drive and tickets are �10, �8 and �32 for a family.