Eyre supply: new production delivered by St Albans theatre group ahead of Edinburgh Festival
- Credit: Ben Guest
A new show for Edinburgh previews at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans later this month.
Jane Eyre: An Autobiography is the latest piece of theatre from St Albans-based Dyad Productions, the creators of Dalloway, The Unremarkable Death of Marilyn Monroe, Female Gothic, I, Elizabeth, The Diaries of Adam and Eve, Christmas Gothic and Austen’s Women.
It can be seen at the Maltings theatre from Wednesday, July 27, to Friday, July 29.
Directed and written by Elton Townend Jones and performed by Rebecca Vaughan, the story is told through the eyes of Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte’s creation who shocked the Victorians.
Rebecca embodies everywoman Jane and several other characters in an intimate study of love’s realities.
You may also want to watch:
Dyad Productions creates, produces and tours classic theatre with a contemporary emphasis and Jane Eyre: An Autobiography is its eighth original production in as many years.
Performances are at 8pm and tickets at £12 are available from here.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 6 Sir David Amess: St Albans MP reflects on personal safety
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made