Eyre supply: new production delivered by St Albans theatre group ahead of Edinburgh Festival
- Credit: Ben Guest
A new show for Edinburgh previews at the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans later this month.
Jane Eyre: An Autobiography is the latest piece of theatre from St Albans-based Dyad Productions, the creators of Dalloway, The Unremarkable Death of Marilyn Monroe, Female Gothic, I, Elizabeth, The Diaries of Adam and Eve, Christmas Gothic and Austen’s Women.
It can be seen at the Maltings theatre from Wednesday, July 27, to Friday, July 29.
Directed and written by Elton Townend Jones and performed by Rebecca Vaughan, the story is told through the eyes of Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte’s creation who shocked the Victorians.
Rebecca embodies everywoman Jane and several other characters in an intimate study of love’s realities.
You may also want to watch:
Dyad Productions creates, produces and tours classic theatre with a contemporary emphasis and Jane Eyre: An Autobiography is its eighth original production in as many years.
Performances are at 8pm and tickets at £12 are available from here.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 8 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure