Experience Dire Straits’ music at The Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
The hits of rock band Dire Straits can be heard live on stage in St Albans next week.
The Dire Straits Experience will be bringing the music of Brothers in Arms legends Dire Straits to life at The Alban Arena.
This is no tribute band to Mark Knopfler and Co. The group features saxophonist Chris White, who toured with Dire Straits for a decade.
The Dire Straits Experience also includes guitarist and lead vocalist Terence Reis, and piano/keyboard player Simon Carter among their ranks.
This year marks the 40th anniversary of those Sultans of Swing, Dire Straits, and the songwriting genius of guitarist Mark Knopfler.
You may also want to watch:
The Grammy-winning band’s songs include classic Money for Nothing, So Far Away, Walk of Life, Brothers in Arms, Private Investigations, Romeo and Juliet, Tunnel of Love and Telegraph Road.
More than 20 years have now passed since Dire Straits disbanded.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
Naturally, this break only increased demand to hear one of the most dramatic songbooks in rock history played live again – a demand that was met by members of the band forming The Straits for a charity performance in 2011.
This time featuring singer/songwriter Terrence Reis at the helm, the band went on to enjoy a successful three-and-a-half year tour, playing over 150 shows in 25 countries.
Following an invitation to play a series of shows in New Zealand and Australia, Chris White and Terence Reis collaborated again to put together The Dire Straits Experience.
You can hear The Dire Straits Experience at The Alban Arena on Wednesday, April 19 at 7.30pm.
Tickets for the concert cost £27.50.
• To buy tickets, call the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or book online at www.alban-arena.co.uk