Ex-Royal Academy student Sam Leak to play at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
Bright young star Sam Leak and his Aquarium play Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, June 21.
Aquarium’s debut album was recorded in 2009 and released alongside an extensive Arts Council-funded national tour in the summer of 2011.
It was featured as one of the top 10 international jazz albums of 2011 in MOJO Magazine, where it was described by Chris Ingham. as “multi-faceted and smart as a pin, this is poetic chamber jazz of a very high order”.
Sam (pictured), an ex Royal Academy student, has been described as a brilliant prospect for the future.
The session gets underway at 7.30pm at the club in the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City, and tickets in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/gigs.html are £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
You may also want to watch:
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£12 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 7 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets