Eric Alexander/Dave O’Higgins Quintet at Herts Jazz Club
THE Eric Alexander/Dave O’Higgins Quintet play the Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, March 11.
Renowned British tenor star Dave O’Higgins, a firm Herts Jazz Club favourite, is joined by the prolific US tenor man Eric Alexander who has appeared on over 60 albums as a leader or sideman.
His tone is reminiscent of George Coleman or Sonny Stitt while Dave has played over the years with everyone from Martin Taylor to Ray Charles, Matthew Herbert to Salif Keita.
He also teaches saxophone and harmony at the London Centre for Contemporary Music and Goldsmiths College.
The duo will be backed by Tom Cawley on piano, Arnie Somogyi on bass and Kristian Leth on drums
You may also want to watch:
The evening at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.45pm and tickets are �13 online at www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage, �16 on the door and �5 for students and under-21s.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor