Eric Alexander/Dave O’Higgins Quintet at Herts Jazz Club
THE Eric Alexander/Dave O’Higgins Quintet play the Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, March 11.
Renowned British tenor star Dave O’Higgins, a firm Herts Jazz Club favourite, is joined by the prolific US tenor man Eric Alexander who has appeared on over 60 albums as a leader or sideman.
His tone is reminiscent of George Coleman or Sonny Stitt while Dave has played over the years with everyone from Martin Taylor to Ray Charles, Matthew Herbert to Salif Keita.
He also teaches saxophone and harmony at the London Centre for Contemporary Music and Goldsmiths College.
The duo will be backed by Tom Cawley on piano, Arnie Somogyi on bass and Kristian Leth on drums
You may also want to watch:
The evening at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.45pm and tickets are �13 online at www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage, �16 on the door and �5 for students and under-21s.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church