Eric Alexander/Dave O’Higgins Quintet at Herts Jazz Club
THE Eric Alexander/Dave O’Higgins Quintet play the Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, March 11.
Renowned British tenor star Dave O’Higgins, a firm Herts Jazz Club favourite, is joined by the prolific US tenor man Eric Alexander who has appeared on over 60 albums as a leader or sideman.
His tone is reminiscent of George Coleman or Sonny Stitt while Dave has played over the years with everyone from Martin Taylor to Ray Charles, Matthew Herbert to Salif Keita.
He also teaches saxophone and harmony at the London Centre for Contemporary Music and Goldsmiths College.
The duo will be backed by Tom Cawley on piano, Arnie Somogyi on bass and Kristian Leth on drums
You may also want to watch:
The evening at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, gets underway at 7.45pm and tickets are �13 online at www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage, �16 on the door and �5 for students and under-21s.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 4 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 5 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 'Nothing will take away what she has done to our daughter'
- 10 Future of St Albans Half Marathon secured as 2021 date set