Enter Shikari come home to St Albans to sign copies of their new album The Spark
- Credit: Kevin Richards
Enter Shikari release their long-awaited new LP this month – and will promote The Spark with an album signing in St Albans.
The band’s fifth full-length studio release, The Spark is the follow-up to 2015’s UK top 10 album The Mindsweep.
It hits the shops on Friday, September 22.
The 11-track album includes recent single Live Outside, which has just been elevated to the BBC Radio 1 B-list playlist.
Fresh from their headline slot at this year’s Slam Dunk Festival at the University of Hertfordshire / Forum Hertfordshire in Hatfield, the alternative rock four-piece from St Albans – Rou Reynolds, Chris Batten, Rory Clewlow and Rob Rolfe – will be embarking on a short burst of instore record shops appearances in the days around the release of The Spark.
Among the chosen outlets is Empire Records in the band’s home city on Tuesday, September 26 at 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
To attend, fans must pre-order the album with Empire Records on vinyl or CD by emailing the shop at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, visit https://www.empirestalbans.com/
Empire Records tweeted: “BIG NEWS: @ENTERSHIKARI signing new LP #TheSpark here on 26/9 at 5pm! Ticks with preorder of album. Send preorders to email@example.com”
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 3 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 6 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans
- 10 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
The record shop in Heritage Close also tweeted: “Local legends @ENTERSHIKARI will be stopping by for a signing on Tuesday 26th for their new album #TheSpark, pre-order with us for entry!”
Of the instore appearances, Enter Shikari’s website states: “Due to time restrictions, while photographs ARE (of course) allowed, we would all ask that photos are with individual band members rather than attempting to rally the full band for a photo.
“It’s not fair on folks further back in the queue, and we’ve been told off before. Thanks for your help.”
The Spark is an ambitious work produced by David Kosten, of Everything Everything and Bat For Lashes production fame, and Shikari frontman Rou Reynolds.
Recorded in Northamptonshire in early 2017, it is Enter Shikari’s most melodic and personal album to date.
The Spark will be released in three physical formats – a 12” vinyl album, CD and limited edition cassette tape.
It will also be available as download from all digital download retailers.
The tracklist for The Spark is:
Take My Country Back
The Revolt Of The Atoms
An Ode To Lost Jigsaw Pieces (in two movements)
In support of the album, Enter Shikari will also take to the road for a series of UK arena dates in November, including another show at London’s Alexandra Palace on November 25.
• Tickets are available from www.entershikari.com/shows