Enjoy the complete Bard in just over an hour and a half
AN IRREVERENT and fast-paced romp through all 37 Shakespeare plays in just 97 minutes kicks off the new season at OVO’s Pudding Lane, St Albans, theatre.
Katalyst Productions are the first guest company to take the stage at Pudding Lane with their award-winning production of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged).
Written by Adam Long, Daniel Singer and Jess Winfield, former founding members of the Reduced Shakespeare Company, The Complete Works was first performed at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 1987 and later played at the Criterion Theatre in London where it ran for nine record-breaking years.
It has become one of the world’s most popular shows, frequently playing in a variety of languages, and it is notable for holding the world record for the shortest-ever performance of Hamlet, clocking in at 43 seconds.
Adam Nichols, artistic director of OVO, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming Katalyst Productions as the first guest company to visit Pudding Lane and sharing this hilarious production with the theatregoers of St Albans.”
You may also want to watch:
The OVO season continues with productions of Our Country’s Good by Timberlake Wertenbaker in October and Three Sisters by Chekhov in November along with a series of live music performances.
The Complete Works runs from tonight until Saturday (11) and starts at 8pm.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Tickets at �12.50 with concessions �7.50 are available from the box office on 07807 521436 or online at www.ovo.org.uk