Elkie Brooks at the Radlett Centre
CELEBRATING more than half a century in music, singer Elkie Brooks is performing at The Radlett Centre next Thursday, September 6.
Elkie is still proving to be one of the most powerful and versatile vocal talents of a generation with numerous hit singles, million selling albums and awards.
She will be performing some of her classic hits, blues, jazz and songs from her new album Powerless from 8pm.
Tickets are �26 with concessions �25, available from the box office on 01923 859291 or go to www.radlettcentre.co.uk
The most famous jazz concert of all time, Benny Goodman’s 1938 Carnegie Hall concert, will be recreated by Pete Long’s All-Star Goodmen Orchestra at The Radlett Centre at 7.30pm next Saturday, September 8.
You may also want to watch:
The entire set list from the 1938 concert will be featured including Don’t be That Way, One O’Clock Jump, China Boy, 20 Years of Jazz and Life Goes to a Party.
In keeping with the original concert the band will be 100 per cent acoustic. For further authenticity Pete Long uses Benny Goodman’s favoured clarinet reeds and drummer Richard Pite will play an exact replica of Gene Krupa’s kit and has even acquired Gene’s actual cymbals and brushes.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills
Tickets are �18.50 with concessions �17.50.