EastEnders legend Pete Beale leads cast of town’s panto
- Credit: Archant
A legendary EastEnders actor will star in Harpenden’s festive pantomime.
Peter Dean played Pete Beale for many years, as part of the original cast, in the popular BBC soap.
He will feature as evil Abanazar in Aladdin at Harpenden Public Halls, from Friday December 11-Tuesday December 22.
Alongside him for the 16 performances, will be Rochelle Knowles Gadd – an actor from children’s television show Tracy Beaker.
Rochelle, whose biog also boasts on-screen credits such as Grange Hill and Hollyoaks, will take the lead role of Aladdin.
You may also want to watch:
They will be joined on stage by BBC 3 Counties Radio’s Ernie Almond, local singer Sophie Massie and Harpenden panto favourite Chris Law.
St Albans actor Simon Nicholas will don a frock, as Widow Twankey.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
A spokesman for Act One Pantomimes said: “Rochelle is really excited to be coming to Harpenden this Christmas.
“This year’s panto will be packed with great songs, loads of comedy, bags of audience participation and fabulous scenery and costumes.”
Tickets are available by calling the box office on 01582 767525 or visiting www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk.