EastEnders legend Pete Beale leads cast of town’s panto
- Credit: Archant
A legendary EastEnders actor will star in Harpenden’s festive pantomime.
Peter Dean played Pete Beale for many years, as part of the original cast, in the popular BBC soap.
He will feature as evil Abanazar in Aladdin at Harpenden Public Halls, from Friday December 11-Tuesday December 22.
Alongside him for the 16 performances, will be Rochelle Knowles Gadd – an actor from children’s television show Tracy Beaker.
Rochelle, whose biog also boasts on-screen credits such as Grange Hill and Hollyoaks, will take the lead role of Aladdin.
They will be joined on stage by BBC 3 Counties Radio’s Ernie Almond, local singer Sophie Massie and Harpenden panto favourite Chris Law.
St Albans actor Simon Nicholas will don a frock, as Widow Twankey.
- 1 Sainsbury's comes to St Albans station
- 2 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 3 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 4 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 5 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 6 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 7 What is being done to tackle fly-tipping scourge?
- 8 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 9 St Albans leisure centre launches self-defence classes for girls as young as 12
- 10 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
A spokesman for Act One Pantomimes said: “Rochelle is really excited to be coming to Harpenden this Christmas.
“This year’s panto will be packed with great songs, loads of comedy, bags of audience participation and fabulous scenery and costumes.”
Tickets are available by calling the box office on 01582 767525 or visiting www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk.