EastEnders legend Pete Beale leads cast of town’s panto
- Credit: Archant
A legendary EastEnders actor will star in Harpenden’s festive pantomime.
Peter Dean played Pete Beale for many years, as part of the original cast, in the popular BBC soap.
He will feature as evil Abanazar in Aladdin at Harpenden Public Halls, from Friday December 11-Tuesday December 22.
Alongside him for the 16 performances, will be Rochelle Knowles Gadd – an actor from children’s television show Tracy Beaker.
Rochelle, whose biog also boasts on-screen credits such as Grange Hill and Hollyoaks, will take the lead role of Aladdin.
You may also want to watch:
They will be joined on stage by BBC 3 Counties Radio’s Ernie Almond, local singer Sophie Massie and Harpenden panto favourite Chris Law.
St Albans actor Simon Nicholas will don a frock, as Widow Twankey.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 6 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 9 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 10 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
A spokesman for Act One Pantomimes said: “Rochelle is really excited to be coming to Harpenden this Christmas.
“This year’s panto will be packed with great songs, loads of comedy, bags of audience participation and fabulous scenery and costumes.”
Tickets are available by calling the box office on 01582 767525 or visiting www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk.