EastEnders legend Pete Beale leads cast of town’s panto
- Credit: Archant
A legendary EastEnders actor will star in Harpenden’s festive pantomime.
Peter Dean played Pete Beale for many years, as part of the original cast, in the popular BBC soap.
He will feature as evil Abanazar in Aladdin at Harpenden Public Halls, from Friday December 11-Tuesday December 22.
Alongside him for the 16 performances, will be Rochelle Knowles Gadd – an actor from children’s television show Tracy Beaker.
Rochelle, whose biog also boasts on-screen credits such as Grange Hill and Hollyoaks, will take the lead role of Aladdin.
They will be joined on stage by BBC 3 Counties Radio’s Ernie Almond, local singer Sophie Massie and Harpenden panto favourite Chris Law.
St Albans actor Simon Nicholas will don a frock, as Widow Twankey.
- 1 Person dies after being hit by a train between St Albans and London
- 2 'Minor explosions' heard as garages catch fire in village near St Albans
- 3 Fresh call for safer crossing on route into city centre
- 4 Man breaks ankle during 'assault' in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Franco Manca receives licence to serve alcohol in St Albans
- 6 Body of man in his 40s found in Hemel Hempstead
- 7 LIVE: St Albans and Harpenden A-level results 2022
- 8 'Get a grip on lawless Charter Market', traders demand in leaked audio
- 9 Kaiser Chiefs to perform extra show at Pub in the Park 2022 in St Albans
- 10 Police 'concerned for welfare' of missing Hertfordshire teenager
A spokesman for Act One Pantomimes said: “Rochelle is really excited to be coming to Harpenden this Christmas.
“This year’s panto will be packed with great songs, loads of comedy, bags of audience participation and fabulous scenery and costumes.”
Tickets are available by calling the box office on 01582 767525 or visiting www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk.