DVD Review: The Book of Eli
The Book Of Eli (15)
The appropriately Biblically-named Eli (a glum Denzel Washington) is walking through a post-apocalyptic America devastated by atomic war - carrying the last surviving copy of The Bible.
Eli is on a mission - believing he has been charged by God to deliver the good book to a safe place, although where that place is, he has no idea.
As he crosses the desolate landscape he arrives in a town occupied by survivors and run by a man (a hammy Gary Oldman) who wants to use the holy book as a tool of control.
The Hughes brothers direct a big preachy version of The Road mashed up with Mad Max.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award