DVD Review: The Book of Eli
The Book Of Eli (15)
The appropriately Biblically-named Eli (a glum Denzel Washington) is walking through a post-apocalyptic America devastated by atomic war - carrying the last surviving copy of The Bible.
Eli is on a mission - believing he has been charged by God to deliver the good book to a safe place, although where that place is, he has no idea.
As he crosses the desolate landscape he arrives in a town occupied by survivors and run by a man (a hammy Gary Oldman) who wants to use the holy book as a tool of control.
The Hughes brothers direct a big preachy version of The Road mashed up with Mad Max.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans