Duo set for St Albans church lunch
ORGANIST Michael Cayton and soprano Gwendolen Burton will be giving the next lunchtime recital at a St Albans church next Tuesday, April 6. A former Grenadier Guardsman and organist to the Household Division, Michael studied at the Royal College of Music
ORGANIST Michael Cayton and soprano Gwendolen Burton will be giving the next lunchtime recital at a St Albans church next Tuesday, April 6.
A former Grenadier Guardsman and organist to the Household Division, Michael studied at the Royal College of Music where he was awarded several prizes for conducting, improvisation and accompaniment.
He made his debut as a recitalist in Westminster Abbey in 2000 and has since performed in many of the UK's cathedrals and parish churches. He directs the professional choir at St John's Wood Church and is director of music for the Chiltern Choir.
Gwendolen is a freelance recitalist, soprano soloist and cantorial soloist who this year made her US debut with a solo recital in New York and has given concerts in Israel and Argentina.
You may also want to watch:
She has performed leading roles including Carmina Burana and Dido and Aeneas and has made several recordings and broadcast with the BBC.
The recital at Marlborough Road Methodist Church starts at 12.30pm and admission is free with a retiring collection in aid of the organisers, the New School of Organ Studies.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
Light lunches will be served before and after the recital with future details from 01727 865979 or email email@example.com