Duo set for St Albans church lunch
ORGANIST Michael Cayton and soprano Gwendolen Burton will be giving the next lunchtime recital at a St Albans church next Tuesday, April 6. A former Grenadier Guardsman and organist to the Household Division, Michael studied at the Royal College of Music
ORGANIST Michael Cayton and soprano Gwendolen Burton will be giving the next lunchtime recital at a St Albans church next Tuesday, April 6.
A former Grenadier Guardsman and organist to the Household Division, Michael studied at the Royal College of Music where he was awarded several prizes for conducting, improvisation and accompaniment.
He made his debut as a recitalist in Westminster Abbey in 2000 and has since performed in many of the UK's cathedrals and parish churches. He directs the professional choir at St John's Wood Church and is director of music for the Chiltern Choir.
Gwendolen is a freelance recitalist, soprano soloist and cantorial soloist who this year made her US debut with a solo recital in New York and has given concerts in Israel and Argentina.
You may also want to watch:
She has performed leading roles including Carmina Burana and Dido and Aeneas and has made several recordings and broadcast with the BBC.
The recital at Marlborough Road Methodist Church starts at 12.30pm and admission is free with a retiring collection in aid of the organisers, the New School of Organ Studies.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Light lunches will be served before and after the recital with future details from 01727 865979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org