Drumming out a week of music and dance at the Arena
- Credit: Archant
A busy week at the Alban Arena sees music and dance take over the stage, starting next Monday, May 16, with the Mugenkyo Drummers.
The musical fusion of Mugenkyo, the UK’s most successful touring taiko group, and Japan-based Wadaiko Tokara can be seen at 7.30pm.
Described by one critic as an ‘invigorating, life-enriching experience,’ tickets at £22 are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or online.
Making a return visit to the Arena at 7.30pm next Wednesday, May 18, is Jools Holland & His Rhythm & Blues Orchestra with special guests Gilson Lavis, Pauline Black & Arthur “Gaps” Hendrickson from The Selecter, Ruby Turner, Louise Marshall & Beth Rowley.
Jools and the orchestra are currently preparing for a 34-date Autumn/Winter tour of the UK and Ireland. Tickets are £36 with concessions £28.50.
Strictly Come Dancing professional Pasha Kovalev stops off at the Arena next Thursday, May 19, as part of his fifth UK tour.
Entitled It’s All About You, the show begins at 7.30pm and Pasha will be doing a free signing afterwards. Tickets are £23.50.
The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra are taking the stage at 7.30pm next Friday, May 20, playing Rossini’s Barber of Seville Overture, Grieg’s Piano Concerto and Dvorak’s New World Symphony.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice
The conductor on the evening will be Damian Iorio and special guest on piano is Alexandra Dariescu.Tickets are £30 and £27.50.
Eagles tribute band, The Illegal Eagles, change the tempo at the Arena next Saturday night, May 21.
The show at 7.30pm features all the classics and a special tribute to the late Glenn Frey, one of the original founding members of the Eagles. Tickets are £24.50.
Vibrationist Roy Ayers will mix soul, world music and jazz when he comes to the Arena at 7.30pm next Sunday, May 22.
Considered a pioneer of Britain’s acid jazz movement, he is one of the few modern jazz musicians who blueprinted a pop sound with his band, not with his instrument. Tickets are £25.50.
* Leonardo DiCaprio’s first Oscar-winning role, The Revenant, can be seen at the Arena next Tuesday, May 17.
A story of grief, revenge and survival, it can be seen at 7.30pm and tickets are £7.