Downton Abbey comes to St Albans screen
- Credit: Supplied by The Alban Arena
The film version of hit ITV series Downton Abbey is coming to a cinema screen in St Albans.
Downton Abbey (PG) comes to The Alban Arena for two showings on Wednesday, January 15, at 1.30pm and 7.30pm.
In the first major motion picture event following the hugely successful television series, the beloved Crawleys and their intrepid staff prepare for the most important moment of their lives.
A royal visit from King George V and Queen Mary soon unleashes scandal, romance and intrigue - leaving the future of Downton hanging in the balance.
The movie stars Downton Abbey regulars Hugh Bonneville as Robert Crawley, the Earl of Grantham, Elizabeth McGovern as his wife Cora Crawley, the Countess of Grantham, Jim Carter as butler Mr Carson, Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley, and Maggie Smith as Dowager Countess of Grantham, along with Imelda Staunton and Penelope Wilton.
You may also want to watch:
The Downton Abbey screenplay is by Julian Fellowes.
Tickets cost £7, and concessions £5.
To book, visit or call www.alban-arena.co.uk or The Alban Arena Box Office on 01727 844488.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 5 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets