Downton Abbey comes to St Albans screen
- Credit: Supplied by The Alban Arena
The film version of hit ITV series Downton Abbey is coming to a cinema screen in St Albans.
Downton Abbey (PG) comes to The Alban Arena for two showings on Wednesday, January 15, at 1.30pm and 7.30pm.
In the first major motion picture event following the hugely successful television series, the beloved Crawleys and their intrepid staff prepare for the most important moment of their lives.
A royal visit from King George V and Queen Mary soon unleashes scandal, romance and intrigue - leaving the future of Downton hanging in the balance.
The movie stars Downton Abbey regulars Hugh Bonneville as Robert Crawley, the Earl of Grantham, Elizabeth McGovern as his wife Cora Crawley, the Countess of Grantham, Jim Carter as butler Mr Carson, Michelle Dockery as Lady Mary Crawley, and Maggie Smith as Dowager Countess of Grantham, along with Imelda Staunton and Penelope Wilton.
You may also want to watch:
The Downton Abbey screenplay is by Julian Fellowes.
Tickets cost £7, and concessions £5.
To book, visit or call www.alban-arena.co.uk or The Alban Arena Box Office on 01727 844488.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes