Doug Stanhope and Little Belter at the Alban Arena
A BRAND-new show created by Kylie Minogue’s musical director Steve Anderson is coming to the Alban Arena next Sunday, March 25.
Little Belter is the work of Steve and Terry Roland, writer/director behind some of the biggest names in pop including Girls Aloud, Kylie and Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
The show finds up-and-coming artist Elouise taking on some of the biggest, most difficult show-stopping melodies ever written. The petite northerner, along with her band, backing singers and dancers, takes the audience on a musical journey through classic and epic torch ballads by the likes of Barbra Streisand, Judy Garland and Dusty Springfield.
With specially-conceptualised versions by Steve Anderson the show includes You Don’t Have to Say You Love Me, The Winner Takes It All, Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Tainted Love, Giving Up, Giving In, As Long as He Needs Me and many more.
The show begins at 8pm and tickets are available from the box office 01727 844488 or online at www.alban-arena.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Brutal, shambolic, savage and unpredictable is how the Arena describes Doug Stanhope who is appearing at 8pm next Friday, March 23.
The controversial stand-up American comedian is critical of the stupidity of this country’s social and political systems and the “moronic saps” who sustain it.
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans
- 4 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Divers to visit de Havilland Aircraft Museum to see 'bouncing bomb' they raised from a Scottish loch
- 9 Springfield Farm: Student party plan blocked by council
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
Fans of 1960s pop music can turn back the clocks 50 years and let the good times roll again at 3.30pm and 7.30pm next Saturday, March 24.
With over 20 UK top ten hits between them and many millions of records sold, Peter Noone, Chris Montez, Brian Hyland, Brian Poole and Vanity Fare make up the legendary Solid Silver 60’s Show.