Double success for St Albans artist and poet
- Credit: Archant
ARTIST and poet Nicholas Guy had set himself two goals before reaching the age of 30 – and he has achieved them both.
The former pupil of Sandringham School in St Albans where he excelled in art and English has had a piece of art exhibited and a poem accepted for publication before hitting his landmark birthday.
Nick, whose real name is Nicholas Guy Fanshaw but uses Nicholas Guy professionally, lived in St Albans for 25 years and currently works as a primary school teacher in Chipperfield.
He uses social networking to share his work and it was a posting on Instagram that attracted the attention of an Australian art scout.
He contacted Nick through his website and asked him to participate in the Light in the Winter light exhibition in Melbourne. The result was that his painting The Prince was projected on to the side of St John’s Court in Federation Square, Melbourne, for four days where thousands of people enjoyed it.
You may also want to watch:
In the same week, Nick heard that one of his poems, which he had submitted to a festival of poetry competition, had been shortlisted to be published in an anthology which should be available in bookshops in September.
Nick is planning to host his own art-in-light project in August and for further details go to www.nicholasguypoet.co.uk
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 7 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land