Double success for St Albans artist and poet
- Credit: Archant
ARTIST and poet Nicholas Guy had set himself two goals before reaching the age of 30 – and he has achieved them both.
The former pupil of Sandringham School in St Albans where he excelled in art and English has had a piece of art exhibited and a poem accepted for publication before hitting his landmark birthday.
Nick, whose real name is Nicholas Guy Fanshaw but uses Nicholas Guy professionally, lived in St Albans for 25 years and currently works as a primary school teacher in Chipperfield.
He uses social networking to share his work and it was a posting on Instagram that attracted the attention of an Australian art scout.
He contacted Nick through his website and asked him to participate in the Light in the Winter light exhibition in Melbourne. The result was that his painting The Prince was projected on to the side of St John’s Court in Federation Square, Melbourne, for four days where thousands of people enjoyed it.
You may also want to watch:
In the same week, Nick heard that one of his poems, which he had submitted to a festival of poetry competition, had been shortlisted to be published in an anthology which should be available in bookshops in September.
Nick is planning to host his own art-in-light project in August and for further details go to www.nicholasguypoet.co.uk
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 4 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 5 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 Forging ahead for hospice care
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads