Donna Canale and the Neil Angilley Trio at Maltings Theatre, St Albans
JAZZ matters to ad hoc local group Fansofstan which has Donna Canale and the Neil Angilley Trio appearing at the Maltings Arts Centre next Saturday, June 16.
Both well-respected professional jazz musicians, they live in the St Albans area.
Donna is a jazz singer of great assurance and versatility whose acting skills enable her to bring out the story in a lyric with a range of emotions.
Trained at the Guildhall in jazz singing and at the London based Poor School in acting, she has worked with jazz greats such as Jean Toussaint, Anthony Kerr and Michael Garrick, played at Ronnie Scott’s with the eight-piece vocal group, VOXTET, and recorded a solo album, Thinking of You.
She also finds time to act and teach.
You may also want to watch:
Neil plays jazz piano and after training at the Royal College of Music, he went on to act as MD to Vanessa Mae, backed Shirley Bassey at Glastonbury and performed at Ronnie Scott’s, The Hideaway and the 606 Club where he is a member of the house band.
His album Havana Club has a Latin flavour inspired by a trip to South America. He runs a tight ensemble with bass player Chris Dodd and Italian drummer Davide Giovannini. A new album, Chango Moti Awa, now recording, is due out in the autumn.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
The concert begins at 8pm and tickets are �12.50. They can be booked online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 07807 521436 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre, Town Hall, Market Place (telephone 01727 864511).