Donna Canale and the Neil Angilley Trio at Maltings Theatre, St Albans
JAZZ matters to ad hoc local group Fansofstan which has Donna Canale and the Neil Angilley Trio appearing at the Maltings Arts Centre next Saturday, June 16.
Both well-respected professional jazz musicians, they live in the St Albans area.
Donna is a jazz singer of great assurance and versatility whose acting skills enable her to bring out the story in a lyric with a range of emotions.
Trained at the Guildhall in jazz singing and at the London based Poor School in acting, she has worked with jazz greats such as Jean Toussaint, Anthony Kerr and Michael Garrick, played at Ronnie Scott’s with the eight-piece vocal group, VOXTET, and recorded a solo album, Thinking of You.
She also finds time to act and teach.
You may also want to watch:
Neil plays jazz piano and after training at the Royal College of Music, he went on to act as MD to Vanessa Mae, backed Shirley Bassey at Glastonbury and performed at Ronnie Scott’s, The Hideaway and the 606 Club where he is a member of the house band.
His album Havana Club has a Latin flavour inspired by a trip to South America. He runs a tight ensemble with bass player Chris Dodd and Italian drummer Davide Giovannini. A new album, Chango Moti Awa, now recording, is due out in the autumn.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
The concert begins at 8pm and tickets are �12.50. They can be booked online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/ovo, by phone on 07807 521436 or in person at St Albans Tourist & Information Centre, Town Hall, Market Place (telephone 01727 864511).