Don’t panic! Dad’s Army movie is coming to the Arena
- Credit: Archant
Captain Mainwaring and the troops march into the Alban Arena later this month with a new big screen line-up.
Dad’s Army, the TV classic about the Home Guard, features a stellar line-up including Michael Gambon, Catherine Zeta Jones, Bill Nighy, Tom Courtenay, Mark Gatiss, Sarah Lancashire, Daniel Mays, Bill Paterson, Alison Steadman and Blake Harrison.
Toby Jones takes the pivotal role of Captain Mainwaring in a tale set in 1944 when the Allies are poised to invade France and finally defeat the German army.
But in Walmington-on-Sea morale amongst the Home Guard is low. Their new mission - to patrol the Dover army base - is a great chance to revive spirits and reputation.
Glamorous journalist Rose Winters arrives to write about their exploits, setting the pulses racing and putting the local women on red alert.
You may also want to watch:
MI5 then discovers a radio signal sent direct to Berlin from Walmington-on-Sea pointing to a spy on the loose. The outcome of the war is suddenly at stake and it falls to some unlikely heroes to stand up and be counted.
Dad’s Army can be seen at 7.30pm from Tuesday, 29 to Thursday, March 31, with a matinee at 1.30pm on Wednesday, March 30.
Tickets at £7 (£5 concessions and matinees) are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 4 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land