Don’t panic! Dad’s Army movie is coming to the Arena
- Credit: Archant
Captain Mainwaring and the troops march into the Alban Arena later this month with a new big screen line-up.
Dad’s Army, the TV classic about the Home Guard, features a stellar line-up including Michael Gambon, Catherine Zeta Jones, Bill Nighy, Tom Courtenay, Mark Gatiss, Sarah Lancashire, Daniel Mays, Bill Paterson, Alison Steadman and Blake Harrison.
Toby Jones takes the pivotal role of Captain Mainwaring in a tale set in 1944 when the Allies are poised to invade France and finally defeat the German army.
But in Walmington-on-Sea morale amongst the Home Guard is low. Their new mission - to patrol the Dover army base - is a great chance to revive spirits and reputation.
Glamorous journalist Rose Winters arrives to write about their exploits, setting the pulses racing and putting the local women on red alert.
You may also want to watch:
MI5 then discovers a radio signal sent direct to Berlin from Walmington-on-Sea pointing to a spy on the loose. The outcome of the war is suddenly at stake and it falls to some unlikely heroes to stand up and be counted.
Dad’s Army can be seen at 7.30pm from Tuesday, 29 to Thursday, March 31, with a matinee at 1.30pm on Wednesday, March 30.
Tickets at £7 (£5 concessions and matinees) are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public