Discover dinosaurs at Knebworth Park adventure
- Credit: Knebworth Estate
There will be Jurassic larks in Knebworth Park this Spring May Bank Holiday.
Discover the prehistoric world with Dino Adventure at Knebworth House on Monday, May 27.
Aspiring palaeontologists and brave explorers can face the trail of 72 life-sized dinosaurs located in the Wilderness Garden.
Exploring the woodland paths, children can learn about the T-Rex, woolly mammoths and other fascinating prehistoric creatures at the Hertfordshire stately home.
There are information boards throughout the Dinosaur Trail and a chalk board for creating 'caveman drawings'.
You may also want to watch:
The Dino Adventure trail sheet can be purchased from Knebworth's gift shop on the day for £1.
This is sold separately to Knebworth Park & Gardens admission. Last sheet is sold at 3pm.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 3 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 4 Whipsnade Zoo to celebrate 90th birthday with fun family activities
- 5 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Council elections: who are St Albans Liberal Democrat candidates?
- 8 Do you remember long-lost St Julian's Farm?
- 9 Mental Health Awareness Week: Easing children’s worries and fears after lockdown
- 10 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
Budding adventurers who complete the trail sheet by finding all the dino eggs can claim an exciting reward.
During the day, the Ventura Wildlife Rangers will offer hands-on experiences with reptilian relatives of the dinosaurs, including snakes, lizards and tortoises.
Using specialist tools, they will demonstrate the techniques required to make the greatest finds, and will help children hunt for fossils hidden at the Dino-Dig Palaeontological Site.
Youngsters can also join Tara from Tiny T's, who will be telling her original tales about what she found on her explorer adventures.
Come along and jump in the time machine to immerse yourself in your own dinosaur world.
Entry includes the adventure playground with Fort Knebworth, the Dinosaur Trail, the 28-acres of formal gardens, the maze, and the 250-acre park which is great for games and picnics.
Tickets cost £10 per person over the age of three.
Book your admission tickets online before midnight the day before your visit to save 10 per cent.
? Visit www.knebworthhouse.com for more.