Dickens and children’s show at Harpenden Public Halls
A SPECIAL one-man show to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Charles Dickens’ birth will be coming to the Harpenden Public Halls this week.
Following on from his successful tour of Pirate Jenny, Nick Ellis becomes the many voices of Hard Times, including the retentive Gradgrind and the overbearing Mr Bounderby.
A seasoned musician and performer, he delivers the story backed up by his own images and his own original music.
Tickets for the show, which takes place this Friday at 7.30pm, cost �15.
The Incredible Story by the Boy Who Didn’t Like Books comes to the halls on Saturday at 3pm .
You may also want to watch:
Tip of the Iceberg’s Productions present the story of Ben, the boy who didn’t like reading, preferring his game consoles, his TV and his iPod Touch. Well-known characters from popular stories bring the magic of reading to life in this fast-paced, fun and educational performance.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills