Dick Gaughan playing after Redbourn Folk Club workshop
THE last opportunity to join a series of singing and playing workshops is being offered at Redbourn Folk Club next Thursday, June 16.
Pete Coe, a full-time professional musician, has been running the workshops for the club which meets in the Old School Room behind The Hollybush pub.
They celebrate songs from English traditions including classic ballads, rural and seasonal songs, industrial and political broadsides, sea songs and shanties.
The aim has been to encourage participants to engage in a wide variety of song styles and sources, develop solo and group arrangements and enhance performance skills.
The workshop runs from 5.15pm to 7.15pm and will be followed by a concert at 8.30pm featuring Scottish singer and guitarist Dick Gaughan, who will be supported by Pete Coe.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the workshop are �15 and for the concert �12 which can be booked by calling 01582 452954.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 St Albans Folk Festival 2021 to go ahead this weekend