Dick Gaughan playing after Redbourn Folk Club workshop
THE last opportunity to join a series of singing and playing workshops is being offered at Redbourn Folk Club next Thursday, June 16.
Pete Coe, a full-time professional musician, has been running the workshops for the club which meets in the Old School Room behind The Hollybush pub.
They celebrate songs from English traditions including classic ballads, rural and seasonal songs, industrial and political broadsides, sea songs and shanties.
The aim has been to encourage participants to engage in a wide variety of song styles and sources, develop solo and group arrangements and enhance performance skills.
The workshop runs from 5.15pm to 7.15pm and will be followed by a concert at 8.30pm featuring Scottish singer and guitarist Dick Gaughan, who will be supported by Pete Coe.
Tickets for the workshop are �15 and for the concert �12 which can be booked by calling 01582 452954.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 4 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 5 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 7 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 8 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 9 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival