Dick Gaughan playing after Redbourn Folk Club workshop
THE last opportunity to join a series of singing and playing workshops is being offered at Redbourn Folk Club next Thursday, June 16.
Pete Coe, a full-time professional musician, has been running the workshops for the club which meets in the Old School Room behind The Hollybush pub.
They celebrate songs from English traditions including classic ballads, rural and seasonal songs, industrial and political broadsides, sea songs and shanties.
The aim has been to encourage participants to engage in a wide variety of song styles and sources, develop solo and group arrangements and enhance performance skills.
The workshop runs from 5.15pm to 7.15pm and will be followed by a concert at 8.30pm featuring Scottish singer and guitarist Dick Gaughan, who will be supported by Pete Coe.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the workshop are �15 and for the concert �12 which can be booked by calling 01582 452954.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans