Deaf St Albans painter graduates
PROFOUNDLY deaf local artist Jonathan Brown has graduated from the Cambridge School of Arts with an honours degree in fine arts.
A former pupils of Heathlands School for Deaf Children, Jonathan, 21, of King Harry Lane, St Albans, is passionate about art.
He paints abstract pieces with oil on canvas and during his three year degree experimented with different textures.
As a painter, Jonathan has already sold several works and recently his final piece for the degree show at Cambridge School of Arts, which is a part of Anglia Ruskin University, has been selected along with two others for display at Marshall Aerospace, an aircraft manufacturing company based at Cambridge Airport.
Jonathan’s work can also be viewed at The Saatchi Gallery Online, where new art graduates can display their work for sale.
You may also want to watch:
Currently he is looking for a job as well as a studio where he can continue his passion for painting.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 4 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 7 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 10 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common