de Havilland Philharmonic season opening at University of Herts
UHARTS resident orchestra, the de Havilland Philharmonic, open their new season at The Weston Auditorium this Sunday.
The concert begins with a series of favourites, Smetana’s Overture The Bartered Bride followed by Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto performed by prize-winning young violinist Savitri Grier.
Savitri made her Royal Albert Hall debut in May with a performance of the Mendelssohn violin concerto, conducted by Jonathan Willcocks. Prior to that she won the Tunbridge Wells International Young Concert Artists competition and the Oxford Philomusica Concerto competition, and has performed at the Barbican Hall, Turner Sims Concert Hall, and the Sheldonian Theatre in Oxford.
Dvorak’s Symphony No.7 completes the evening.
A pre-concert talk will take place at 6.45pm, where visitors will have the opportunity to find out more about the music included in the evening’s repertoire.
You may also want to watch:
The concert takes place on the University of Hertfordshire’s de Havilland Campus in Hatfield at 7.30pm and tickets priced at �6, �15 and �20 are available from the UHArts box office on 01707 281127 or online at www.herts.ac.uk/artsandgalleries
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall