de Havilland Philharmonic season opening at University of Herts
UHARTS resident orchestra, the de Havilland Philharmonic, open their new season at The Weston Auditorium this Sunday.
The concert begins with a series of favourites, Smetana’s Overture The Bartered Bride followed by Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto performed by prize-winning young violinist Savitri Grier.
Savitri made her Royal Albert Hall debut in May with a performance of the Mendelssohn violin concerto, conducted by Jonathan Willcocks. Prior to that she won the Tunbridge Wells International Young Concert Artists competition and the Oxford Philomusica Concerto competition, and has performed at the Barbican Hall, Turner Sims Concert Hall, and the Sheldonian Theatre in Oxford.
Dvorak’s Symphony No.7 completes the evening.
A pre-concert talk will take place at 6.45pm, where visitors will have the opportunity to find out more about the music included in the evening’s repertoire.
You may also want to watch:
The concert takes place on the University of Hertfordshire’s de Havilland Campus in Hatfield at 7.30pm and tickets priced at �6, �15 and �20 are available from the UHArts box office on 01707 281127 or online at www.herts.ac.uk/artsandgalleries
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim