David Copperfield at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
MAD Dogs and Englishmen will be bringing Dickens’ classic tale David Copperfield to the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Wednesday, March 21.
Touring nationally as part of the Dickens bicentennial, the fast-paced production is faithful to the book and captures all the hilarity and pathos of Dickens’ writing.
It features a cast of two from the Mad Dogs and Englishmen Theatre Company which was founded in 1995. Since then it has developed a unique style of ensemble playing with a recognisable amalgamation of physical theatre and strong text.
Imogen de la Bere, programming director of OVO @ the Maltings, said: “ We believe that its important to showcase the best of small-scale professional touring theatre which in these straitened times struggles to find an outlet. We hope the people of St Albans will support us in this unsubsidised venture, and help us keep professional touring alive for all to enjoy.”
The performance starts at 8pm at the Maltings Theatre, St Albans. Bookings can be made online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/OVO or in person/by phone from the St Albans Tourist Information Centre (01727 864511)
You may also want to watch:
More information on http://www.maltingsartstheatre.co.uk/
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images