David Copperfield at Maltings Arts Theatre, St Albans
MAD Dogs and Englishmen will be bringing Dickens’ classic tale David Copperfield to the Maltings Arts Theatre in St Albans next Wednesday, March 21.
Touring nationally as part of the Dickens bicentennial, the fast-paced production is faithful to the book and captures all the hilarity and pathos of Dickens’ writing.
It features a cast of two from the Mad Dogs and Englishmen Theatre Company which was founded in 1995. Since then it has developed a unique style of ensemble playing with a recognisable amalgamation of physical theatre and strong text.
Imogen de la Bere, programming director of OVO @ the Maltings, said: “ We believe that its important to showcase the best of small-scale professional touring theatre which in these straitened times struggles to find an outlet. We hope the people of St Albans will support us in this unsubsidised venture, and help us keep professional touring alive for all to enjoy.”
The performance starts at 8pm at the Maltings Theatre, St Albans. Bookings can be made online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/OVO or in person/by phone from the St Albans Tourist Information Centre (01727 864511)
More information on http://www.maltingsartstheatre.co.uk/
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time