Dave Spikey at Harpenden Public Halls
WORDS Don’t Come Easy might sound like a misnomer for the current tour by garrulous comedian Dave Spikey which stops off in Harpenden next Thursday, October 13.
But the award-winning comedian uses his new show to examine the many situations in life where words don’t come easy – including such occasions as tongue-tied parents explaining the facts of life, ridiculous newspaper stories, pathetic adolescent chat-up lines, hospital speak, learning a foreign language and song lyrics that range from the lazy through to the surreal and the ridiculous.
Dave, who is appearing at Harpenden Public Halls at 8pm, also throws in a Champion the Wonder Horse sing-a-long, a look at ancient Abyssinian contraception, rubbish school trips, epidural anaesthesia and the Last Supper in his show.
Tickets are �16.50 available from the box office on 01582 767525 or via www.harpendenpublichalls.co.uk
n Tickets are now on sale for Aladdin, the Harpenden Public Halls pantomime, which runs from December 15 to 18.
You may also want to watch:
Act One Pantomimes are putting on the show and this year Chris Law and the team will be joined by CBBC’s Big Howard Little Howard.
Tickets are �9.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills