Dave O’Higgins Quartet at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
The Dave O’Higgins Quartet are playing at Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, February 2.
Saxophonist Dave has become an international figure since first making his mark with NYJO, Roadside Picnic and Mezzoforte.
Despite numerous jobs as a sideman with the likes of Cleo Laine, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles, he has maintained his high stature as a band leader, composer and educator for 30 years, releasing around 20 discs under his own name.
He also teaches saxophone, harmony and improvisation at the London Centre for Contemporary Music and is a regular guest with the house band at Ronnie Scott’s Club.
Herts Jazz Club meets from 7.30pm at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html at £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 5 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high