Dave O’Higgins Quartet at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
The Dave O’Higgins Quartet are playing at Herts Jazz Club this Sunday, February 2.
Saxophonist Dave has become an international figure since first making his mark with NYJO, Roadside Picnic and Mezzoforte.
Despite numerous jobs as a sideman with the likes of Cleo Laine, Frank Sinatra and Ray Charles, he has maintained his high stature as a band leader, composer and educator for 30 years, releasing around 20 discs under his own name.
He also teaches saxophone, harmony and improvisation at the London Centre for Contemporary Music and is a regular guest with the house band at Ronnie Scott’s Club.
Herts Jazz Club meets from 7.30pm at the Hawthorne Theatre, Welwyn Garden City.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available in advance from www.hertsjazz.co.uk/currentseason.html at £3 students/£8 members/£10 concessions/£11 full.
On the door they are £5 students/£9 members/£11 concessions/£13 full.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 8 Coursers Road, London Colney: Trailer flips over
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development