Dante String Quartet at Radlett Music Club
- Credit: Archant
DANTE String Quartet are putting on the next concert at Radlett Music Club next Tuesday, March 12.
Winner of the prestigious Royal Philharmonic Society Award for Chamber Music in 2007, the quartet is known for its imaginative programming and the emotional intensity of its performances.
The foursome have been playing together since 1995, broadcasting regularly on BBC Radio 3 and having performed in France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Switzerland, Poland and Finland.
In 2008 their Hyperion recording of Franck and Fauré’s string quartets attracted unanimous praise and received a BBC Music Magazine Award in the UK and a Diapason d’Or in France.
Over recent years they have been Quartet-in-Residence at King’s College, Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
At the recital which starts at 8pm in the Radlett Centre, they will play Haydn’s Quartet in D, Op. 64 No. 5 (The Lark), Britten’s Quartet No. 1 in D, Op. 25 and Schumann’s Quartet in A major, Op. 41 No. 3.
Admission for non members is £14 on the door and admission is free for young people aged from eight to 25 years.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 8 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Further information can be found at the Radlett Music Club website www.rmc.wd7.org.uk