Dante String Quartet at Radlett Music Club
- Credit: Archant
DANTE String Quartet are putting on the next concert at Radlett Music Club next Tuesday, March 12.
Winner of the prestigious Royal Philharmonic Society Award for Chamber Music in 2007, the quartet is known for its imaginative programming and the emotional intensity of its performances.
The foursome have been playing together since 1995, broadcasting regularly on BBC Radio 3 and having performed in France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Switzerland, Poland and Finland.
In 2008 their Hyperion recording of Franck and Fauré’s string quartets attracted unanimous praise and received a BBC Music Magazine Award in the UK and a Diapason d’Or in France.
Over recent years they have been Quartet-in-Residence at King’s College, Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
At the recital which starts at 8pm in the Radlett Centre, they will play Haydn’s Quartet in D, Op. 64 No. 5 (The Lark), Britten’s Quartet No. 1 in D, Op. 25 and Schumann’s Quartet in A major, Op. 41 No. 3.
Admission for non members is £14 on the door and admission is free for young people aged from eight to 25 years.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Further information can be found at the Radlett Music Club website www.rmc.wd7.org.uk