Dance conceals and reveals at University of Herts
- Credit: Archant
New and classic work performed by an acclaimed company of dancers can be seen at the University of Herts’ Weston Auditorium next Tuesday, November 17.
The theatre is hosting the national tour of Conceal/Reveal - a celebration of the 20th anniversary of the artistic collaboration between contemporary dance choreographer Russell Maliphant and lighting designer Michael Hulls.
A co-production between Sadler’s Wells and the Russell Maliphant Company it demonstrates the relationship between light and movement that the two award-winning Sadler’s Wells associate artists have developed over the past two decades.
Sadler’s Wells artistic director and chief executive Alistair Spalding studied at the University of Herts in the late 1970s.
The dance company will be presenting new and classic work, including the iconic trio Broken Fall originally performed in 2003 by Sylvie Guillem and the BalletBoyz, Michael Nunn and William Trevitt.
You may also want to watch:
The performance also marks the return to dance of former Royal Ballet dancer Dana Fouras, after over a decade, who performs a new solo created specially for the occasion by Russell Maliphant.
The evening gets underway at 7.30pm and admission is £21.50 with concessions £16.50 and students £1, available by calling 01707 281127 or online here.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations