Damon Brown quintet at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
TRUMPET player and composer Damon Brown and his quintet are playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
Damon has spent years living abroad and has had many international collaborations such as the regular quintet that he co-leads with New York sax virtuoso Steve Grossman.
Bassist Martin Zenker has held a professorship in jazz in Seoul, South Korea, for the past three years. His association with Damon came about after a mutual friend suggested they perform together and Martin regularly visits the UK to perform with Damon’s groups.
After deciding in 2011 to collaborate on a joint project, the group have made inroads to the European scene, especially with forays into Germany.
Baritone saxophonist Michael Lutzeier is a leading figure on the contemporary German scene and the ensemble is completed by Paul Kirby on piano and Clark Tracey on drums.
You may also want to watch:
The gig at the club at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, runs from 8pm to 10.30pm and tickets are £11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, £13 on the door and £5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly