Damon Brown quintet at Herts Jazz Club
- Credit: Archant
TRUMPET player and composer Damon Brown and his quintet are playing Herts Jazz Club this Sunday.
Damon has spent years living abroad and has had many international collaborations such as the regular quintet that he co-leads with New York sax virtuoso Steve Grossman.
Bassist Martin Zenker has held a professorship in jazz in Seoul, South Korea, for the past three years. His association with Damon came about after a mutual friend suggested they perform together and Martin regularly visits the UK to perform with Damon’s groups.
After deciding in 2011 to collaborate on a joint project, the group have made inroads to the European scene, especially with forays into Germany.
Baritone saxophonist Michael Lutzeier is a leading figure on the contemporary German scene and the ensemble is completed by Paul Kirby on piano and Clark Tracey on drums.
You may also want to watch:
The gig at the club at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, runs from 8pm to 10.30pm and tickets are £11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, £13 on the door and £5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant