Craig Charles, Dr Feelgood and Eddie and the Hot Rods make for a great week at the Alban Arena
- Credit: Archant
A double header of Dr Feelgood and Eddie and the Hot Rods can be seen at the Alban Arena next Friday, June 3.
Formed on Canvey Island in Essex in the early 1970s, Dr Feelgood enjoyed global success with a string of hits including Roxette, Back in the Night, Milk and Alcohol, Down at the Doctors, She Does it Right, Going Back Home and See You Later Alligator, which gave the group their first gold record
Eddie and the Hotrods emerged from the London pub rock scene of the late 1970s, scoring four UK top 40 hit singles, Do anything you wanna do gave the band a top 10 hit in 1977 and gets regular airplay nearly 40 years on.
They toured alongside bands such as The Ramones, Talking Heads, The Police, and their support bands included Squeeze and Ultravox. The band still tours worldwide
The performance begins at 7.30pm and tickets at £20 are available from the box office on 01727 844488 or online.
Red Dwarf and Corrie star Craig Charles shares his love of funk and soul when he comes to the Arena next Saturday, June 4.
You may also want to watch:
His passion for the music has been helped by a primetime slot on BBC 6 Music for the last decade and performing at a range of festivals and events over the UK.
Supported by guest DJs, Craig willl spend two hours at the decks in the show which starts at 7.30pm. Tickets are £18.50.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Miami Pro European Championships arrives at the Arena at 2.30pm next Sunday, June 5.
The fitness modelling event features models and athletes competing from all over the world for the European championship title. Categories include fitness model, muscle model, Ms Bikini, figure, junior and over 35s.
It begins at 2.30pm and tickets are £28.
* Dexter Fletcher’s Eddie The Eagle swoops into the Arena at 7.30pm next Tuesday, May 31, and at 1.30pm and 7.30pm next Wednesday, June 1.
The film celebrates the British spirit in the tale of a true-life sporting underdog.
Taron Egerton stars as Eddie who, cut from the Olympic ski team, travels to Germany to test his skills at ski jumping. Fate leads his to Bronson Peary (Hugh Jackman) who agrees to train the young underdog before his historic showing at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary.
Multi award-winning film Room, based on the novel by Emma Donoghue, can be seen at the Arena at 7.30pm next Thursday, June 2.
In Akron, Ohio, 24-year-old Joy (Brie Larson) and her five-year-old son Jack (Jacob Tremblay) live in a squalid shed they call Room. They share a bed, toilet, bathtub, television, and rudimentary kitchen; the only window is a skylight, all of which Jack calls by name, as if they were alive.
Film tickets are £7 with concessions £5.