Country star Gretchen Peters comes to Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Two-time Grammy nominee Gretchen Peters comes to Harpenden Public Halls next Wednesday, February 10.
The Nashville-based singer-songwriter writes and records songs that explore the deep corners of life.
A review of her 2013 Woman On The Wheel UK tour called her live performance “glorious, uplifting, heart-rendingly beautiful... an affirmation of positive human experience through endured pain.”
Inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in October 2014, her new album Blackbirds was critically acclaimed.
Gretchen comes on stage at 7.30pm and tickets at £22.50 are available from the box office on 01582 767525 or click here.
The music continues next Friday, February 12, when guitarist Chantel McGregor plays the Public Halls.
You may also want to watch:
Emerging from the UK’s blues-rock scene in 2014, Chantel became the first female artist to be voted Guitarist of the Year in the history of the British Blues Awards.
She has performed straight after Eric Clapton on the same stage, was invited by Joe Bonamassa to jam with him on two of his recent UK tour dates and has also featured alongside Jeff Beck, Keith Richards and Albert Lee on a worldwide DVD celebrating 60 years of the Fender Telecaster.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
The performance begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £14 in advance and £16 on the door.