Country star Gretchen Peters comes to Harpenden
- Credit: Archant
Two-time Grammy nominee Gretchen Peters comes to Harpenden Public Halls next Wednesday, February 10.
The Nashville-based singer-songwriter writes and records songs that explore the deep corners of life.
A review of her 2013 Woman On The Wheel UK tour called her live performance “glorious, uplifting, heart-rendingly beautiful... an affirmation of positive human experience through endured pain.”
Inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame in October 2014, her new album Blackbirds was critically acclaimed.
Gretchen comes on stage at 7.30pm and tickets at £22.50 are available from the box office on 01582 767525 or click here.
The music continues next Friday, February 12, when guitarist Chantel McGregor plays the Public Halls.
Emerging from the UK’s blues-rock scene in 2014, Chantel became the first female artist to be voted Guitarist of the Year in the history of the British Blues Awards.
She has performed straight after Eric Clapton on the same stage, was invited by Joe Bonamassa to jam with him on two of his recent UK tour dates and has also featured alongside Jeff Beck, Keith Richards and Albert Lee on a worldwide DVD celebrating 60 years of the Fender Telecaster.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
The performance begins at 7.30pm and tickets are £14 in advance and £16 on the door.