Compose a carol for St Albans
WITH Christmas fast approaching, the Maltings Shopping Centre and the Herts Advertiser are once again on the hunt for a special Christmas carol about the local area. Returning for its third year, the Maltings Carol Competition has proved to be a big hit w
WITH Christmas fast approaching, the Maltings Shopping Centre and the Herts Advertiser are once again on the hunt for a special Christmas carol about the local area.
Returning for its third year, the Maltings Carol Competition has proved to be a big hit with schools across the city.
This year it is being extended to church choirs and singing groups within the community who stand to win �500 to buy musical equipment, have their song professionally recorded onto CD and be awarded a commemorative plaque.
The entries will be narrowed down and finalists invited to the Maltings Arts Theatre to perform in front of an audience of family, friends and teachers during a special concert on the evening of Wednesday, December 2.
Maltings shopping centre manager Phil Corrigan said: "The last two years have been absolutely fantastic and it's been so wonderful to see what talented youngsters we have in the area. This year we want to show that it's not just the young people who have the musical ability in Herts.
"This is a fantastic opportunity to develop musical talent, have the chance to perform on stage in front of a large audience and win a host of spectacular prizes. I'm really looking forward to hearing the contrast between what the school children and the adult choirs come up with."
- 1 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 2 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 3 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 4 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 5 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 6 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 7 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
- 8 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 9 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 10 St Albans is one of UK's worst locations for hay fever
To take part send a recording of your song or the written lyrics and music to The Maltings carol competition, c/o PMW Communications Ltd., Stane Court, Stane Street, Billingshurst, West Sussex, RH14 9HP by Monday, November 16.
Further details can be found at www.maltingsshoppingcentre.co.uk or contact 01403 783400.