Company of Ten spinning around at Abbey Theatre, St Albans
THE COMPANY of Ten could be described as being in a flat spin about their next production which opens at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans next Friday, February 11.
They are performing FlatSpin by Alan Ayckbourn, a fast-moving comedy which takes in drug trafficking, MI5, pasta cooking and ardent romance.
The young heroine opens the door of her flat to see the man of her dreams – but both are using false identities.
A bizarre collection of inefficient secret agents adds to the mayhem as deception entangles with deception and an unexpected ending guarantees both laughter and surprises.
Ayckbourn is renowned for making his characters walk the tightrope between comedy and farce but he never lets them entirely lose their balance.
You may also want to watch:
They get themselves into farcical situations but his comic genius is connecting his characters’ bizarre predicaments with the real world experiences of his audiences.
FlatSpin is set in modern Docklands and it runs on the main stage at the theatre until Saturday, February 19, with a matinee at 2.30pm next Sunday, February 13, and no performance on Monday, February 14.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
Tickets can be obtained from the box office on 01727 857861 or online at www.abbeytheatre.org.uk