Company of Ten spinning around at Abbey Theatre, St Albans
THE COMPANY of Ten could be described as being in a flat spin about their next production which opens at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans next Friday, February 11.
They are performing FlatSpin by Alan Ayckbourn, a fast-moving comedy which takes in drug trafficking, MI5, pasta cooking and ardent romance.
The young heroine opens the door of her flat to see the man of her dreams – but both are using false identities.
A bizarre collection of inefficient secret agents adds to the mayhem as deception entangles with deception and an unexpected ending guarantees both laughter and surprises.
Ayckbourn is renowned for making his characters walk the tightrope between comedy and farce but he never lets them entirely lose their balance.
You may also want to watch:
They get themselves into farcical situations but his comic genius is connecting his characters’ bizarre predicaments with the real world experiences of his audiences.
FlatSpin is set in modern Docklands and it runs on the main stage at the theatre until Saturday, February 19, with a matinee at 2.30pm next Sunday, February 13, and no performance on Monday, February 14.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
Tickets can be obtained from the box office on 01727 857861 or online at www.abbeytheatre.org.uk