Company of Ten's nice little urner
THREE short plays by one of the twentieth century s most influential playwrights are being performed by the Company of Ten in the Abbey Theatre Studio next month. Play, Krapp s Last Tape and Footfalls by Samuel Beckett are enigmatic, wryly funny, mini-dra
THREE short plays by one of the twentieth century's most influential playwrights are being performed by the Company of Ten in the Abbey Theatre Studio next month.
Play, Krapp's Last Tape and Footfalls by Samuel Beckett are enigmatic, wryly funny, mini-dramas presenting a creative challenge to the St Albans drama group.
Play presents a further challenge - the three characters spend the entire piece immured in three giant urns and they have been specially made for the production by the Company of Ten's workshop team.
Beckett uses few props in his plays but they have to be exactly right and the specially-designed hand-crafted urns are made from real clay applied to a wooden frame.
You may also want to watch:
The three plays will be performed each night and the production runs from July 3 to 11.
Tickets are available online at www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or from the box office on 01727 857861.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 5 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 6 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 7 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 8 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 St Albans Striders enjoy comfort of their home roads if not the heat and hills