Company of Ten's nice little urner
THREE short plays by one of the twentieth century s most influential playwrights are being performed by the Company of Ten in the Abbey Theatre Studio next month. Play, Krapp s Last Tape and Footfalls by Samuel Beckett are enigmatic, wryly funny, mini-dra
THREE short plays by one of the twentieth century's most influential playwrights are being performed by the Company of Ten in the Abbey Theatre Studio next month.
Play, Krapp's Last Tape and Footfalls by Samuel Beckett are enigmatic, wryly funny, mini-dramas presenting a creative challenge to the St Albans drama group.
Play presents a further challenge - the three characters spend the entire piece immured in three giant urns and they have been specially made for the production by the Company of Ten's workshop team.
Beckett uses few props in his plays but they have to be exactly right and the specially-designed hand-crafted urns are made from real clay applied to a wooden frame.
You may also want to watch:
The three plays will be performed each night and the production runs from July 3 to 11.
Tickets are available online at www.abbeytheatre.org.uk or from the box office on 01727 857861.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 8 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images