Company of Ten’s Much Ado About Nothing at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans
THERE will be Much Ado About Shakespeare over the next few weeks as the Company of Ten prepares for a full-length play and a special production on the sonnets.
Much Ado About Nothing runs from tomorrow night (Friday) until March 4 at the Abbey Theatre, St Albans, featuring many of the theatre group’s most accomplished actors.
In the golden sunshine and sudden showers of early September 1900, the victorious band of soldiers led by Don Peter is invited by Leonato to rest at his grand Georgian home in the Irish countryside.
Leonato has a pretty daughter and a clever, witty niece and so — soldiers being soldiers — romance, bad behaviour, tricks and parties are the order of the day. But malevolent Don John, defeated in battle by his brother Don Peter and captured, is out for revenge.
Much Ado is a comedy so everyone is sure to find happiness at last despite a winding plot and moments of near tragedy.
You may also want to watch:
Together with a special production Shakespeare and Love – Sonnets in the Studio from Monday, March 5, until Saturday, March 10, the play is the Company of Ten’s contribution to the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Open Stages project.
Tickets are available from the box office on 01727 857861 or online at www.abbeytheatre.org.uk
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space