St Albans theatre company receives Heroes of Hertfordshire Award
- Credit: Company of Ten
A St Albans theatre group has been recognised for its service to the people of the county.
The Company of Ten has received a prestigious Heroes of Hertfordshire Award.
The award, given by the Lord-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Robert Voss, comes at a particularly sensitive time for the company as it has had to close its doors to audiences for some months now due to the coronavirus pandemic.
But this hasn’t stopped the Abbey Theatre group’s output, as chairman Martin Goodman explained.
“The Company of Ten is delighted to have been recognised for its long-standing contributions to the community of St Albans and beyond with the Hertfordshire Heroes Award.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the last few months we have been pleased to engage our members and the wider community in online quizzes, play readings, podcasts and most notably our innovative Corona Monologues video competition.
“Some of these initiatives will continue as we now turn our focus to reopening the Abbey Theatre for its new season in September.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public