St Albans theatre company receives Heroes of Hertfordshire Award
- Credit: Company of Ten
A St Albans theatre group has been recognised for its service to the people of the county.
The Company of Ten has received a prestigious Heroes of Hertfordshire Award.
The award, given by the Lord-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Robert Voss, comes at a particularly sensitive time for the company as it has had to close its doors to audiences for some months now due to the coronavirus pandemic.
But this hasn’t stopped the Abbey Theatre group’s output, as chairman Martin Goodman explained.
“The Company of Ten is delighted to have been recognised for its long-standing contributions to the community of St Albans and beyond with the Hertfordshire Heroes Award.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the last few months we have been pleased to engage our members and the wider community in online quizzes, play readings, podcasts and most notably our innovative Corona Monologues video competition.
“Some of these initiatives will continue as we now turn our focus to reopening the Abbey Theatre for its new season in September.”
- 1 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 4 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 5 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 8 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 9 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 10 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire