St Albans theatre company receives Heroes of Hertfordshire Award
- Credit: Company of Ten
A St Albans theatre group has been recognised for its service to the people of the county.
The Company of Ten has received a prestigious Heroes of Hertfordshire Award.
The award, given by the Lord-Lieutenant of Hertfordshire, Robert Voss, comes at a particularly sensitive time for the company as it has had to close its doors to audiences for some months now due to the coronavirus pandemic.
But this hasn’t stopped the Abbey Theatre group’s output, as chairman Martin Goodman explained.
“The Company of Ten is delighted to have been recognised for its long-standing contributions to the community of St Albans and beyond with the Hertfordshire Heroes Award.
You may also want to watch:
“Over the last few months we have been pleased to engage our members and the wider community in online quizzes, play readings, podcasts and most notably our innovative Corona Monologues video competition.
“Some of these initiatives will continue as we now turn our focus to reopening the Abbey Theatre for its new season in September.”
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations