Comic Dylan lets Arena audience off the hook
- Credit: Archant
Irish comedian Dylan Moran brings his new stand-up show, Off The Hook, to the Alban Arena on two evenings next week.
The star of Black Books, Shaun of the Dead, Run Fatboy Run and Calvary, is back on the road with a show which aims to tackle the never-ending surge of new technology head-on and consider the effects this imposed connectivity is having on our minds and souls.
As well as becoming a household name through his roles on TV and in films, Dylan’s stand up career is prolific. He has won several awards including a coveted Perrier, and has a number of stand-up DVDs out.
He is appearing at 8pm next Wednesday and Thursday, May 20 and 21, and tickets at £25 are available from the Arena box office on 01727 844488 or go to www.alban-arena.co.uk
The Voca People, comprising eight singer-comedians, bring their own brand of music to the Arena next Saturday, May 23.
You may also want to watch:
Vocal sounds, acapella singing and the art of beat box create a range of sounds and instruments in a show that features more than 80 all-time classic hits ranging from Madonna to Mozart.
The Voca People are appearing at 7pm and tickets are £22, £20 or £70 for a family ticket.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
Cellist Julian Lloyd Webber is performing at the Arena next Sunday, May 24.
He will take the audience on a historical and musical journey through his life and career, showing clips of him performing and chatting with artists such as Nigel Kennedy, Elton John, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Yehudi Menuhin and Katherine Jenkins.
Julian will also be playing live, joined by his wife, and fellow cellist, Jiaxin Lloyd Webber, and performing works by Andrew Lloyd Webber, Rachmaninov, Faure, Bach and many others.
The evening gets underway at 7.30pm and tickets are £20 with concessions £1.50 off.
Psychic to the Stars Sally Morgan returns to the Arena at 7.30pm next Tuesday, May 19.
She has built up an extensive client list having read for well-known faces like Katie Price, George Michael and the late Princess Diana.
Tickets for Psychic Sally on the Road are £24.50.