Comedian Paul Thorne at Havana Club, St Albans
ONE of Britain’s most sought-after stand-ups, Paul Thorne, headlines Hav-an-a Laugh in St Albans next Thursday, June 7.
Paul has completed three series as team captain on the Montreux Award-winning comedy panel game, Bring Me the Head of Light Entertainment. His TV work includes warm-up for Bremner, Bird and Fortune, Rory Bremner – Who Else? Alistair McGowans’s Big Impression, Have I Got News For You and Room 101.
In addition to performing all over Europe Paul has taken his brand of comedy as far afield as Hong Kong, Thailand, Canada, Singapore, China and Japan and has toured extensively with Jack Dee, Lee Hurst and Rory Bremner.
Opening the evening at the Havana in Victoria Street from 9pm is Yorkshire funny man Tom Wrigglesworth who became a national have-a-go-hero when he rescued a little old lady from the jaws of Virgin train bureaucracy only to be arrested for begging. His subsequent sell-out show, Tom Wrigglesworth’s Open Return Letter to Richard Branson, bagged him the Chortle award for Best Show 2010 and a nomination for the main Edinburgh Festival Comedy gong.
MC is Bennett Arron, an award-winning writer, actor and stand-up comedian who is the only Jewish/Welsh comedian on the comedy circuit.
He recently supported Ricky Gervais on his tour and his television and radio credits include Not Tonight With John Sergeant, Glee Time, Large, Never Write Off The Germans and three series of What’s The Story, a panel game show for BBC Wales.
Bennett is also a trained actor and appeared in the film Dead Long Enough alongside Michael Sheen.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
Tickets are �10 in advance from 01727 862456 or �12.50 on the door.