College Collection boosting young artists at Herts Jazz Club
A NEW initiative to support and raise the profile of the next generation of musicians gets underway at Herts Jazz Club on Sunday (21).
The first College Collection gig launches at the club at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City, from 7.45pm.
With the support of the PRS Foundation for Music, Clark Tracey, artistic director at Herts Jazz, has selected the best of the next generation still attending music colleges to perform their own compositions at the club.
Over the next year College Collection will feature two groups per evening, representing musicians from the Royal Academy of Music, Trinity College of Music, the Guildhall School of Music, Leeds College of Music, Birmingham Conservatoire and the Royal Northern College of Music.
The first set is from Birmingham Conservatoire, coached by Clark earlier this year.
The BCU Sextet features Jack Dring (trumpet), Robbie Fearon (tenor sax), Alan Gilbert (guitar), Andy Woodhead (piano), Stuart Barker (bass) and Nathan England-Jones (drums)
The second set features a Birmingham Conservatoire alumnus who recently appeared at Herts Jazz with the late Abram Wilson.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 7 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 10 Area Guide: The busy Hertfordshire town of Hemel Hempstead
The Reuben James Trio comprises Reuben on piano with Alex Davis (bass) and Moses Boyd (drums)
Tickets are �11 in advance from http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 at the door and �5 for students and under-21s.