College Collection at Herts Jazz Club
COLLEGE Collection returns to Herts Jazz Club next Sunday, December 2, with the second gig in a series.
The club has a policy of raising the profiles of the next generation of jazz musicians and with the support of the PRS Foundation for Music, Clark Tracey, artistic director at Herts Jazz, has selected the best of the next generation still attending music colleges to perform there.
The first set features a talented young alto player Chris Young, leading a line up, all from the Birmingham Conservatoire.
The quartet also features Elliot Galvin (piano), Dan Casimir (bass) and Euan Palmer (drums).
The second set showcases gifted young guitarist Michael De Souza, a local musician now studying at Leeds College of Music.
You may also want to watch:
His trio comprises Tom Wheatley (bass) and Harry Pope (drums).
The gig runs from 8pm-10.30pm at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City and tickets are �11 in advance online at http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 3 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire