College Collection at Herts Jazz Club
COLLEGE Collection returns to Herts Jazz Club next Sunday, December 2, with the second gig in a series.
The club has a policy of raising the profiles of the next generation of jazz musicians and with the support of the PRS Foundation for Music, Clark Tracey, artistic director at Herts Jazz, has selected the best of the next generation still attending music colleges to perform there.
The first set features a talented young alto player Chris Young, leading a line up, all from the Birmingham Conservatoire.
The quartet also features Elliot Galvin (piano), Dan Casimir (bass) and Euan Palmer (drums).
The second set showcases gifted young guitarist Michael De Souza, a local musician now studying at Leeds College of Music.
You may also want to watch:
His trio comprises Tom Wheatley (bass) and Harry Pope (drums).
The gig runs from 8pm-10.30pm at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City and tickets are �11 in advance online at http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans