College Collection at Herts Jazz Club
COLLEGE Collection returns to Herts Jazz Club next Sunday, December 2, with the second gig in a series.
The club has a policy of raising the profiles of the next generation of jazz musicians and with the support of the PRS Foundation for Music, Clark Tracey, artistic director at Herts Jazz, has selected the best of the next generation still attending music colleges to perform there.
The first set features a talented young alto player Chris Young, leading a line up, all from the Birmingham Conservatoire.
The quartet also features Elliot Galvin (piano), Dan Casimir (bass) and Euan Palmer (drums).
The second set showcases gifted young guitarist Michael De Souza, a local musician now studying at Leeds College of Music.
His trio comprises Tom Wheatley (bass) and Harry Pope (drums).
The gig runs from 8pm-10.30pm at Campus West, Welwyn Garden City and tickets are �11 in advance online at http://www.hawthornetheatre.co.uk/whatsonstage.html, �13 on the door and �5 for students and under 21s.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 5 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 7 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 10 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans